Saturday, February 23, 2019

Midlife "Reboot"

I wrote the first entry in this blog way back in 2017. Talk about a false start. Back then I refereed to what I was going through as a Midlife Crisis, now I prefer the term Midlife Reboot.



I honestly thought I'd very recently coined the term "Midlife Reboot" to describe what I'm going through. Turns out I didn't. Apparently it's a thing. That's okay, it perfectly describes what I am going through at this time in my life.

I'm looking to take my family and restart somewhere new and doing something new, but I don't know what. Ideally I'd be an actor, but I don't know if I could make a living getting middle aged funny fat guy parts. All I really know for sure is I'm tired of working 80+ hours a week, which I have done for going on 14+ years now.

"Cartoon voices... that's a thought. Love to find a way to do that."

I want to move. I want to get away from this hell hole that is west Texas and working in the west Texas oil field. It sucks. It sucked when I was in the field, it sucked when I drove trucks and it sucks even now that I'm in the office. It pays well though. I don't think I care about that last part anymore though.

What good is paying well when everything is way to expensive.

"DJ... I'd make a good DJ. I have a great voice for radio."

"Writer? Maybe a writer of some kind?"

I'm thing is... I want to make less money. I want to enjoy my life more. Things have got to change. Right now I think I could sell my house, pay off that mortgage and find something I can be outright. Far from west Texas.

I'm looking at someplace with culture, art, amusement parks, food, sports, better schools for my kids, more romance for my wife and I. Somewhere like the countryside outside of St Louis.

No idea what I'll do, but I can't stay here much longer. It'd make a great reality TV show.


No comments:

Post a Comment