Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Claptrap!

I always wanted business cards that had "Pagan God" listed as my occupation. Or maybe "Master of Ceremonies" I never did get any though. Maybe someday. I also always wanted my own soundtrack.

Anyway, I'm a 50-year-old man in Midland Texas. I live on a small 5-acre homestead that we should be farming at least a little bit, but we aren't. We do have chickens and ducks, and more eggs then we could ever eat. I also work in the oil fields of West Texas driving 18 wheelers. I have three kids and a wonderful wife that I do not appreciate nearly enough. I'm not really being interesting enough to hold your attention yet though I'd guess.

It will get interesting though... at least I think it will. So a couple fast facts about me.
  1. At one time I wanted to be a preacher (now a humanist and an atheist and one of the few people I know who has read the bible cover to cover). 
  2. Since that time I've been a DJ at a topless club (but I'm still a supporter of everyone's civil and vehemently believe you don't do anything to anyone without permission).
  3. I used to run a comedy website called The Parody Pages (You will see things from it in this blog I'm sure).
  4. I would love to run for Congress. I just told you my skeletons so it'd be hard to use them against me. Unless they can use bad credit against you, I have that too.
  5. I'd also love to be an actor or a voice-over artist.
  6. I have and try to follow a strict moral code of ethics.
  7. I don't think I could be bought ever, but I'm sure most politicians thought that when they started out.
  8. I love Six Flags and theme parks more than most people.
  9. I think Barrack Obama will go down in history as one of the greatest presidents we have ever had, and not just because he broke the color barrier.
  10. I won't give up without a fight (although my wife had to remind me of that today).
I got this blog months ago simply because I thought "Dramatic Renewal of Purpose" would be a really cool sounding name for a blog. Then it's sat here for months while I tried to figure out what to do with it.

I think I'm going to use it for my mid-life crisis.  Which I think is starting now...

No comments:

Post a Comment