Friday, November 13, 2020

So wow.... It's been a while. Life since Corona

 I haven't touched this blog since July 2019.  I'll try and do better. 

A lot has happened to me and the world. 

Coronavirus will hit 250,000 deaths tomorrow or Sunday, Texas will top over 20K during this tie. We will be second only behind New York.

I'm not trying to be political when I say wear a damn mask. I'm my mind the video below absolutely shows that masks work. It is also extremely entertaining. Actually, in Midland, we won't have much of a choice soon. Our mayor is passing a mandate (FINALLY!), businesses will be fined if they let people come in maskless. 


As for me... my stores failed. But I am trying again. I don't want to give up on what I think I was meant to do. I love designing shirts. I love trying to run a business. But, you really do need money for advertising and I just don't have it. I also took a plunge and started an online CBD store called NaturalGreenSolutionsCBD only to find out almost no one allows CBD advertising yet. 




My other current stores are my T-shirt shops

WildjourneyShirts - Funny shirts, LGBT pride, Inspirational and Humanist/Athiest items



Places We Love - States and places we love like Colorado, Texas, Michigan, Georgia, and more




Liberal By Design - Liberal ideals and causes




Find The Good - Support Black Lives and Good Cops at the same time!



I have also been looking for a job. I was laid off last March and even though I am a CDL driver with a clean record I haven't found anything decent. 

I am sure others are suffering more. One of the smartest things I did was get on Obamacare. I don't care what they tell you about it, it is amazing. If you need insurance go to Healthcare.Gov, open enrollment is now (Ends Dec 15th). Don't use an agent, don't use anyone who charges you (I believe a lot of people have gotten taken advantage of by resellers and that's why the ACA is so maligned). After-Tax credits my insurance is free. I saved $1000 last week on prescriptions. I have a silver BCBS plan through the exchange. Don't listen to nay-sayers, find out yourself. I wrote a whole blog about it on my Angry Liberal Blog here.

We are months behind on the mortgage. We really want nothing more than to sell this place and get out of Texas, but we can't afford to fix it up and make it sellable. We may have a mold problem that is affecting our health, but we don't even know how to find out.  Our 5 acres should go for about $350000 in Midland TX, but we'd be lucky to get $250K as it is. So I keep hoping my businesses will do something. Take off a little bit. But regardless we still consider ourselves very lucky. So far the only one who has had CoVid is my stepdad, and his was rough, but he got through it. We do our part, wear our masks and social distance, but Texas is simply full of science and virus deniers (even though we are having the most deaths in the country right now), which is another reason we wish we could get out of here. The other reason is I have LGBT kids, and Texas isn't the right place for them (I want my kids to know I love and accept them as they are, which is one of the reasons WildJourneyShirts is so supportive of the LGBT community).

Life has been rough, but others have it a whole lot worse than we do. I have the love and support of my family. I'll try and update more often, but if I don't have a Merry and safe Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment