Monday, July 1, 2019

What I learned about PRIDE month and LGBTQ acceptance

My store, the Eclectic Wombat has an LGBTQ Pride section because frankly, I believe in the right of everyone to love who they want too. I thought we had started to move past the point in society where this was a really controversial way of thinking. I was wrong.

Rainbow Sheep of the Family - LGBTQ Pride at eclecticwombat.com


When I decided to advertise the PRIDE section of my store I seriously underestimated the amount of hate I would receive from it. I am getting a small taste of what my LGBTQ Friends receive from narrow-minded jackasses who just can't let people be people. The worst part is I've gotten way more hate than sales. But, that's okay, if anything it has shown me why the LGBTQ community needs and deserves this month. It has shown me just how far we still need to come so that everyone on this planet feels valued and important to society. I don't know if my store will survive, but whether it does or not I will always fight for the rights of everyone, and for everyone to be able to love who they want. As long as this store is open it will have a Pride section. For my very good friends, for my children's future, and because it is the right thing to do. So tired of hate.


EclecticWombat shirts and unique gifts. PRIDE Section

My designs are not offensive or sexually blatant, but I still got responses calling me sick or quoting bible verses. If anyone does this to you ask them to show you where Jesus (not Moses, not Paul) and only Jesus said anything about gay people. They can't because he didn't.
This shirt is at EclecticWombat.com in the Pride Section

And it wasn't just narrow-minded people. Facebook rejected my ads as being political. I had to go through this entire process to try to get approved to run so-called political ads and I failed. I had to contact a third party (and pay extra) to run my ads. What is political, what is controversial about who people love? Done ranting. 

Love Yourself and Love Who You Want!

I licked It, Now It's Mine T-shirt at EclecticWombat.com
Actually, I guess this one is a little suggestive

#Pride #Pride Month #LGBTQPride #LoveYourself #LoveWhoYouWant

No comments:

Post a Comment